The unicorn is not my mythical creature. The Phoenix is. It rises from the ashes, it is renewed. I chose to embrace my inner Phoenix, I chose to rise up from my ashes.
Wednesday, 29 March 2017
It's Time To Go For It!
Get ready for a harsh wake-up call!
SIDE NOTE: This is as much a message to myself as it is to anyone else who might be reading this. I believe that sometimes we need to hear harsh truths in order to shake up what can easily become a stagnant life.
Your friends won't tell you this, so I will.
You get too lazy sometimes. I can tell you this because I do too. Actively and aggressively working towards a life you deserve/want is a learned skill for most. A hardworking attitude doesn't always come naturally.
I mean this with all genuineness believe me when I say, all praise to you 'Type A' folks out there who 'get shit done' one time, with a smile and with an extra 30%! I admire and envy you guys so much but I have accepted that not everybody is that way. You are who you are. However, I can learn to be. I can learn to be 'better?' I can learn to be more active and aggressive in the things I need to get done in my life.
So, you're tired? You know you're not using you smartphone to help you better your life but still, you can't stop scrolling? Let me understand this; instead of doing some research into your interests and aspirations, you went to Google the best place you can get the cheapest 'whatever trending thing' that's currently caught your eye?
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you wanted a change. I thought you can't stop thinking about a certain life that you want. I didn't know you were all good.
If you can't stop thinking about it, if you can't stop complaining about your current situation, dammit if you can't stop obsessing about the life you want, that's your subconscious telling you that you can do so much more than you think. That your Phoenix wings actually spread a lot further than what you can see from your vantage point. That you need to give yourself, your creative mind a lot more credit. Adjust your focal point, realign your mind. It's time to work.
Labels:
achieve,
advice,
aspire,
change,
depression,
expectations,
hope,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment