Trust me, I know about darkness of the soul. I'm here to tell you that as sure as the sun rises, you will too.
Let me share with you a little something about myself. I like mermaids, I used to wish I could turn into one as a child every single time I saw a body of water.
It wasn't until I got a bit older that I discovered a mythical creature that surpassed the magnificence of the mermaid, and I try to adopt that persona in my everyday life. The Phoenix. It rises from its ashes, after enduring, seemingly, the worst part of its life (some say the Phoenix would burst in flames) and reclaims its place in the world as an amazing, powerful and majestic bird.
Act V Scene V of Henry VIII. A play by William Shakespeare and John Fletcher, the king says, referring to his young daughter Elizabeth:
Nor shall this peace sleep with her; but as when
The bird of wonder dies, the maiden phoenix,
Her ashes new create another heir
As great in admiration as herself;
So shall she leave her blessedness to one,
When heaven shall call her from this cloud of darkness,
Who from the sacred ashes of her honour
Shall star-like rise as great in fame as she was,
And so stand fix'd.
The bird of wonder dies, the maiden phoenix,
Her ashes new create another heir
As great in admiration as herself;
So shall she leave her blessedness to one,
When heaven shall call her from this cloud of darkness,
Who from the sacred ashes of her honour
Shall star-like rise as great in fame as she was,
And so stand fix'd.
No matter how broken, beaten up, worthless or useless I feel, I try (hard) to remember (often times I forget, I must be honest) that there will come a time when I will rise a little higher than I was before. Usually when you fall down, trip or stumble, you get back up taking note of where and why you fell. Therefore, through experience and added (forced) knowledge, you become a bit wiser, a bit stronger and knowing what to look for in similar experiences along your journey. From your stumbles, your misjudgements, your failures, Rise.

No comments:
Post a Comment